Try it when you feel anxious, stressed or when you can’t sleep.
Doing it every day will give you the most benefit.
- Lie comfortably with your arms and legs outstretched.
- Clench one fist and hold it for 10 seconds.
- Relax the fist for 10 seconds, then clench again and relax.
- Repeat with the other hand.
- Draw the toes of one foot toward your knee. Hold for 10 seconds.
Relax and repeat.
- Do the same with the other foot.
- Repeat the same sequence for the following body parts, first on one side of the body, then the other.
You can experiment with other muscle groups as well.
- Back of the lower legs: point, tense your toes and relax.
- Buttocks: squeeze together and relax.
- Shoulder blades: draw together and relax.
- Abdomen: pull in tightly and relax.
- Neck: push your neck down towards the floor and relax.
- Face: tighten and contract the muscles around your eyes and mouth, and relax.
After a week, try combining muscle groups. For example, tense and relax the following parts together.
- Hands and arms on both sides.
- Face and neck.
- Shoulders and back.
- Legs and feet.
After another week, try to quit the tensing part of the exercise. Lie down and focus on different areas, relaxing areas that feel tight.
Yours in good health,
Adrian from Soothe
Adrian Jackson MANTA
Remedial Massage Therapist | Tui Na Bodyworker
t: 3342 0010 | e: adrian(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)soothenaturalmedicine.com.au